Before the first visit
In the interest of correct course of the first visit, please read the information below. Good preparation for an appopintment with our midwives and doctors will help you obtain complete information on further investigation, and the choice of treatment.
During the first visit, our doctors will carry out detailed history and will perform tests, including ultrasound. You will also receive a detailed list of tests to perform, resulting from the interview. If you have any valid test results, please bring them to the first visit. Please be advised that all the examination you can make on-site at the Infertility Treatment Centre PARENS.
The list of tests which should be carried out in our patients, is contained in Regulation of the Minister of Health of 23 October 2015 on health requirements for a candidate for the donor of reproductive cells to partner donation and donation other than a partner and for recipient of reproductive cells and embryos and the specific conditions of collection of reproductive cells for the use in the procedure of medically assisted procreation:
List of medical examinations and laboratory tests, which should apply to a candidate for a donor of reproductive cells to partner donation:
- Cytology and vaginal swabs for bacteria and mycetes (bacteriological – mycological)
- Smear test (taken between 10th and 20th day of the cycle):
– Ureaplasma, Mycoplasma
– Chlamydia (PCR method*, quality)
- Blood group
- Hormonal tests:
– FSH (between 2nd and 3rd day of the cycle)
– TSH and anti-TPO
– Prolactin (taken on empty stomach at around 9.00 am)
- Virological examinations:
– HBsAg; Anty-HBc
- – VDRL (or OVA)
– CMV IgM
- Toxoplasmosis (IgG, and IgM)
- RUBELLA (IgG)
- Virological tests (serological method):
– HBsAg; Anty-HBc
- – VDRL (or OVA),
– CMV IgM
- Blood group
- Sexual abstinence for 2-7 days before the surgery
- HTLV – 1 ( human T-lymphotropic virus type 1) – should be made by the patients, who come from high-incidence areas or whose sexual partners or parents originate from those areas (North and South America, Caribbean);
- Trypanosoma cruzi – after the patient’s travel to the countries of Central or South America, to two weeks after returning from a trip or up to 40 days after blood transfusions made in the countries of Central or South America;
- Malaria – after the patient’s travel to tropical countries, where there is malaria (please make sure that there is a risk in a given region using, for example, the website of Military Medical Institute: www.medycynatropikalna.pl/info/27/malaria_profilaktyk
- A quick test for malaria – up to 40 days after returning from a trip, if there are no symptoms, and a year after returning from a trip, if there were episodes of fever.
- Smear – up to 40 days after returning from a trip, if you have episodes of fever.
Before the first visit, you can make already a part of these tests. During the first visit you will be referred to the other examination and the doctor will present a treatment plan.
The validity of laboratory tests (virological, Toxoplasmosis, Rubella, Chlamydia) is 3 months.
The exception is freezing semen, testicle tissue and ovarian tissue when validity is 2 weeks.
Preparation for semen analysis (seminogram)
Semen analysis can be performed in our laboratory from Monday to Friday from 7.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. To carry out the test, please contact us to arrange a date convenient for you. In preparation for the examination you should remember that:
- the test should be preceded by sexual continence (2-7 days, optimally 3-5 days),
- in the period preceding the examination it is advisable to have healthy lifestyle, avoid alcohol, cigarettes and other drugs, try to avoid stress and excess physical effort
- during at least one month before the test you should not also take antibiotics, and if the planned date of examination is preceded by infection with a high temperature (38-40 ° C) or severe food poisoning, you should make an appointment again for another day
- if you are taking constantly any medications you should inform about it the clinic staff
- when performing control test it is best to arrange the same number of days of sexual abstinence as in the previous examination. Examination after giving up smoking or treatment should be made approx. 3 months after the end of treatment / quitting
Please be informed that you can arrange an appointment or examination in person at the Infertility Treatment Centre PARENS or by phone. Registration is open at the center opening hours, i.e. from Monday to Friday 9.00 a.m. -6.00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8.30 a.m. -10.30 p.m.
You can use the contact form; available on our website in “Contacts”, then we will contact you and answer all your questions about the Centre’s work.
Please note that making an appointment by e-mail is not possible.
Ladies and Gentlemen, due to the large number of calls, please be understanding and discuss all to your questions, doubts or the results with the doctors during the visit. The doctor then has more time, has access to the records of your history and is able to discuss these issues in more detailed manner than in a few minutes during a telephone conversation.
Exceptions are emergency cases arising within the course of treatment or hormonal stimulation. In that they deserve special attention:
bleeding, pain, temperature > 38 °C